- Students under the age of thirteen must be escorted by an adult to and from the S.M.ART School waiting room on the second floor (Suite 201A). Students thirteen and over may be dropped off and picked up in the building lobby. Parents or guardians are required to pick up students on time.
- Parents are required to ensure that their child has a notebook and a pen for class. If mobile phones, radios, MP3 players, and similar devices are brought to school, they must be switched off and put away during the class. If a student needs to make a call, he/she has to step out from the classroom.
- No food is allowed during class. If a student would like to eat his/her lunch, he/she can only do so during a break. We offer Starburst candy during break. Please let us know if you do not want us to do this for any reason.
- We expect quiet, respectful behavior outside of the office suite (in the hallway and bathroom areas). All common areas must be kept clean.
- According to building rules, S.M.ART School visitors may occupy the Guest Parking Area for no more than one hour. The car must not block access to any parking area or take up more than one space. More parking spaces are available on the upper parking lot when gates are open.
- If class is canceled due to inclement weather, we will schedule a make-up class. We have reserved the third week of June for snow day make-up classes, using the school year schedule. If more than one class was canceled due to weather, payment for the additional unused class(es) will be returned.
- The presence of parents in a classroom during the session may disrupt the class, and therefore we do not allow parents to stay in classrooms while lessons are in progress. If there is an important reason for a parent to be present, exceptions can be made in advance, only in small groups, and only when other parents agree to the arrangement.
We appreciate any feedback from parents and would love to discuss your child’s progress by e-mail, by phone, or in person. For in-person discussions, please call or e-mail to arrange a time.